It is both the intent and the commitment of New Zealand Defence Force to comply with the SSC Web Guidelines. NZDF believes that the web standards for public sites are necessary and ensure that all web users requiring access to NZDF sites and online services have the best possible experience regardless of bandwidth and browser.
NZDF has embarked on a site upgrade process to ensure that the guidelines are met. All public sites: nzdf.mil.nz, airforce.mil.nz, navy.mil.nz, army.mil.nz, cadetforces.mil.nz and veteransaffairs.mil.nz have been upgraded or are in the process of being upgraded to meet the guidelines, web good practice and accessibility in general.
Chief Information Office
23 June 2005
Statement of Position
New Zealand Army has conducted a self-audit for compliance against the Web Guidelines compliance documentation.
At this time the NZ Army web site complies with most relevant requirements and is working towards compliance with all requirements.
Should requirements not yet complied with:
- Major Navigation labels in both English and Maori
- Key web pages in both English and Maori.
Must requirements not yet complied with:
Web document markup
- Due to the complexities of official documents many pdf files exceed the recommended maximum size of 300kb. Site visitors may use our feedback form and request a printed copy of the document which will be mailed.
- PDF files supplied by a third party and not authored by NZDF will not be converted to HTML.
- Future PDF files will follow the Acrobat Accessibility Guidelines.
If you would like to contact us for further information then please use our contact form.
This page was last reviewed on 18 July 2014 and is current.